Monday, October 25, 2010

French Riot Over Retirement Age

French students continue to riot because the retirement age was raised from 60 to 62. Wow, when I was a student all I could think about was how I was going to get a job in animation and actually make a living at what I loved to do. Retirement was not even in the picture, but, the French government has provided cradle to grave entitlements that the whole society has grown accustomed to and now there is resentment at having these goodies taken away. I think the society as a whole suffers from the gimmies. Unfortunately there are many people in this country that have the same entitlement syndrome. They think the government should take care of them if they have a boo boo or if they can't find a job or if they can't afford to buy a house, and there are plenty of liberal politicians who promise to give them every little thing they ask for. These are what we call the bleeding heart liberals.

No comments: